Watching brief by K Butler of CBAS revealed no archaeological features, although two pottery sherds dating to the Saxo-Norman period were recovered from the topsoil, suggesting possible early medieval activity on or near the site. The majority of the artefacts recovered during the watching brief were dated to the mid–late 16th century, contemporary with Forge Cottage. Other pottery recovered was of the early post-medieval period, although the largest quantity was of 19th century date.
Historic building assessment by M Higgins of SCC of a previously unrecognised three-unit (parlour, hall and service) medieval open-hall house, with an internal jetty at the upper end, an overshot cross-passage at the low end and a suggested date of the third quarter of the 15th century.
A second year of community test pitting directed by A Sassin and D Graham of SyAS. Fifteen 1m2 test pits excavated at Farnham Park, Garden Cottage and Lowndes End on Long Garden Walk, the Windsor Almshouses, 7A Castle Street, the Museum of Farnham, the Old Vicarage, and Bishops Meadow produced finds of post-medieval or Victorian date, attesting to the majority of pits being located outside the known medieval core of the town.
Evaluation by M Saywood of SCAU revealed a possible medieval or post-medieval ditch terminal. A subsequent watching brief revealed two pits and the possible remnant of an occupation deposit, all dated to the late medieval or early post-medieval period.
Historic building assessment by M Higgins of SCC of a probable mid-15th century house with 17th century additions. Against and parallel to the road, is a two-bay, low-end cross-wing, that is jettied to the west end. Behind this, at right-angles to the road, is a (probably contemporary) two-bay, open hall with probably an internal jetty to the floored upper end. It has a crown post roof and an arched door head between the ranges but few other details.
Historic building assessment by M Higgins of SCC of a probable late 15th century, open-hall house of three bays, of which just one was open. It includes an overshot cross-entry with speres (to exclude draughts) and a moulded upper end dais beam and decorated head to the parlour door spere. An added chimney preserved the cross-entry and a rear range was added in the 18th century.
Watching brief by J Cook of Border Archaeology of a pipeline easement extending 90m into Surrey, revealed no finds or features of archaeological significance. The pipeline crossed the county boundary, also thought to be the medieval boundary of Windsor Forest, but the extant earthwork bank is probably modern in origin.
Watching brief by A Hood of FA revealed several possible ditches/gullies and two small undated pits or tree-throw holes. The majority of the ditches were on a north-west, south-east/north-east, south-west co-axial alignment, suggesting that they represent the remains of a former ditched field system. There was a general paucity of artefactual material from the ditches, although a single sherd of porcelain pottery from one of the fills could indicate that they date to the later medieval or post-medieval period. Two small sherds of possible Bronze Age pottery were recovered from a subsoil layer.
Excavation by T Munnery of ASE of two of seven identified areas (SMS1 and WB6) highlighted as being of archaeological significance following evaluation (SyAC 94, 364).
A second season of excavation by L Spencer of SyAS on the postulated site of Bookham Courte revealed more of the demolition layer uncovered in 2014 (SyAC 99, 224) from which medieval pottery dated to 1250 to 1500 was recovered. Beneath the demolition rubble, a succession of largely sterile deposits overlay a chalk surface. A line of one or two courses of large flat-topped chalk blocks was revealed in the west of the site though, given its narrow width, it was unclear whether this constituted a wall foundation.