Join us at the Surrey Archaeological Society to enjoy the following benefits:
- Receive the Society's "Surrey's Past" publication 3 times a year packed with local archaeological and history news, forthcoming events and original related articles and fieldwork reports.
- We will also encourage you to opt in to receive the Society's monthly e-Newsletter by email with the latest news of Society activities and events.
- Each year, receive the annual volume of Surrey Archaeological Collections, plus the annual edition of Surrey History, a periodical dedicated to local history in Surrey.
- Enjoy the use of the best dedicated archaeological and history library in the county, with the right to borrow the books.
- Join one of our Special Interest Groups to enable you to further your particular interests through lectures, visits and fieldwork.
There are various classes of membership as follows:
Ordinary Members pay an annual subscription of £30.00. They receive the Collections and the Bulletin; have use of the Society's Library; may attend lectures, visits etc, usually at a discounted rate; may attend all general meetings of the Society.
An Associate Member, who is a relative of an Ordinary Member living at the same address, pays an annual subscription of £5.00. Associate Members have all the privileges of membership but do not receive publications or notices issued to Ordinary Members.
Junior Members, who must normally be more than 16 but less than 21 years old at the date of application, pay an annual subscription of £6.00. Junior Members living at the same address as an Ordinary Member are admitted free of charge, but do not receive any Society publications. On reaching the age of 21, Junior Members may become Student or Ordinary Members without any further formality.
Student Members, who are more than 21 but less than 26 years old at the date of application, pay an annual subscription of £12.50. To qualify for Student Membership applicants must be in full-time education (in any subject).
Institutional Members within the historic and modern boundary of Surrey pay £30.00 a year. Those outside Surrey pay £40 and overseas Institutional Members pay £50 a year. If you wish to join as an institutional member please contact Marie Hounsome, our Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Roman Studies Group members, who belong to our special interest group Roman Studies will now receive free membership. Membership is only open to those who have also paid one of the individual memberships listed above. Joining this group will place you on an email list to be invited to regular RSG lectures and other activities.
To join us online please click here . This will take you through our online joining process which will enable you to pay through Paypal either with a Paypal account or a credit or debit card. Joining online saves both yourself and the Society both time and money.
If you wish to join us by filling out a paper form and sending a cheque, then please print out the membership leaflet form below and send it plus payment to our office at our Research Centre in Abinger. However in common with many other organisations we find it very difficult to deal with cheques due to lack of bank branches so we would strongly encourage you to pay online through our Paypal service.
Similarly if you want to renew your membership in a similar way please click here to go to our renewal page where you can renew and pay by Paypal with a credit or debit card. Alternatively please print out and complete the renewal leaflet below but, as above, please avoid the cheque route if possible.
Joining or renewing online saves both you and us money and helps us to save the environment.