Watching brief by N Randall of SCAU during redevelopment for residential conversion of barns, with a programme of historic building undertaken by C Armitage in conjunction with SCAU, between 2007 and 2010. The farm is located immediately north of the 12th or 13th century Westhumble Chapel.
Evaluation by N Randall of SCAU on a site adjoining the former Goblin Works Saxon cemetery excavated in 1985. The evaluation revealed two modern pits, one of which contained a large quantity of coloured glass sherds which may have been discarded from a workshop related to the adjoining Milner House, formerly owned by the Ex-Service Welfare Society.
Evaluation by H Knight of MOLA revealed an alluvial or colluvial layer likely to have been deposited through the later prehistoric period, but no features of archaeological interest. An area of hardstanding partially surrounded by a brick wall foundation is likely to have been built in the 20th century, but probably later than the construction of the adjacent Brooklands racing circuit.
Water tower by Barratt, Exalt & Andrews, Engineers, Reading, on the SE Railway's Reading to Tonbridge line revealed during tree felling prior to redevelopment. (SIHG 35)
Excavation by Judie English and K D Graham for WAAC in advance of construction of Godalming Relief Road located only modern disturbance, an undated floor of Bargate slabs and a post-setting which may have been part of the timber-framed building known to have stood on this site. (229)
Reported by S Robertson that during redevelopment the foundations were exposed of the Southern Railway area office buildings, air-raid shelters and other features dating from the Second World War. (SIHG 50)
Report by A G Crocker and Glenys Crocker that clearance of vegetation on the site, carried out during the winter, has revealed previously hidden bedstones, edge runner stones and water wheel pits.
Trial excavations by I Stuart for HBMC in advance of scheduled monument consent on part of the site of the Chertsey Abbey complex. Four trenches were opened, which revealed that the Black Ditch in this area had been backfilled about 30 years ago with redeposited clay, river gravels, building rubble, modern brick and tyre inner tubes.
Remains of buffer depot 124, one of a series built between November 1941 and December 1942 and used for storage of supplies in the Second World War and subsequent ‘cold war’ located by P Sowan. (SIHG 74)
Remains of buffer depot 339, one of a series built between November 1941 and December 1942 and used for storage of supplies in the Second World War and subsequent ‘cold war’, located by P Sowan. (SIHG 74)