Completion of watching brief begun in 2010 by N Randall of SCAU that revealed a series of broad ditches that may represent land boundaries pre-dating the construction of Pendell Court on the site in c1624, and finds of Mesolithic, Neolithic or Bronze Age, Iron Age, Roman, medieval and post-medieval date.
Watching brief by T Munnery of SCAU following evaluation in 2008 that had exposed the foundations of the church and three burials in the area of a proposed vestry. Parts of 60 inhumations and two cremations, all of Christian origin, and mostly thought to date from the previous 150 years were revealed, excavated and removed for later reburial elsewhere within the grounds of the church. Two pieces of pottery, dated to the medieval and Roman periods, were recovered from the subsoil and a grave fill respectively.
Geophysical survey by J Adcock of GSB Prospection Ltd and two phases of evaluation by V Hughes and S Leech of OAS of an area proposed for mineral extraction. The geophysics revealed a series of linear anomalies that may be small enclosures; strong responses that suggest the presence of fired materials or ferrous-rich deposits, and numerous linear trends thought to be of agricultural origin.
Historic building recording by M Higgins of SCC of the complex timber-framed central-chimney house (of 1625-50 date) with four-bay front range, one-bay rear face wing and stair vice, with integral attics and basement. To this three further timber-framed sections (of early and late 18th century date) had been added.
Historic building assessment by M Higgins of SCC of the late 17th century, and 18th century extended, granary building.
Historic building assessment by M Higgins of SCC of the 18th and early 19th century building.
Historic building assessment by M Higgins of SCC of a building designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens as an estate building to a mansion that was never built, and thought to have been constructed in 1916.
Historic building assessment by M Higgins of SCC of the probable late 17th or early 18th century building, with a late 18th or early 19th outshot.
Historic building assessment by M Higgins of SCC of the probable early 17th century building.
Historic building recording by M Higgins of SCC during alterations to a three-bay timber-framed building with two bays open and one floored, interpreted as an attached kitchen. The open hearth of this was uncovered during the works. The 'kitchen' stands at right angles to two floored bays that were attached to another building. The 'kitchen' and attached two floored bays have been dendrochronologically dated to c1562. A further one bay of the timber-framed building with a chimney stack replaces what is thought to have been the original house, and is likely to be of 17th century date.