21 Grotto Road, Weybridge

Excavation by M Saywood of SCAU within the bounds of the former Oatlands Palace. The tops of two walls were revealed; the first belonged to the counterscarp wall of the moat of the late 15th century manor, and the second a pier of the north bridge wing added by Henry VIII in 1537–8. A pit containing demolition rubble, undoubtedly originating from the destroyed Palace, was also revealed.


Subscribe to RSS - Elmbridge