Excavation by L Capon of AOC recorded 266 graveshafts with a total of 282 burials recovered and retained for osteological assessment. The burials can be dated to 1843--1914 when the graveyard was in use. Early cemetery practice appears to show careful planning and management with graves aligned west--east in regular north--south rows. Later burials show dense overcrowding with burials tightly packed into any available space, creating a complex sequence of intercutting graveshafts.
Excavation by D Hunt of the Wings Museum recovered finds associated with a Flying Fortress aircraft that crashed in the area on 19 March 1945.
Excavation by P Harp and S Hill of Plateau of the interior of the tower ahead of National Trust work to the Grade II Listed folly. A fill, to a depth of c 0.9m above external ground level, was revealed. The lower 0.3m of the fill produced quantities of unknapped flint, a few fragments of Horsham stone and two unfrogged, yellow bricks. The flints and stone probably originate from the structure, although no mortar was observed adhering to them.
Photographic survey by P Barker-Mills of Mole Valley District Council recorded external architectural details of the late Victorian property that latterly housed the Leatherhead District Social Club. A post-medieval well was revealed within the footprint of the demolished building, constructed from unfrogged bricks and lime mortar. No other finds or features of archaeological interest were revealed.