Landscape study by H Beamish of OAN, undertaken in 2009, and reported in 2010. Desk and topographical survey identified a wide range of features, many of which could be linked to the early use of the area as farmland prior to the creation of the park in the 19th century. These included ponds, quarries, boundaries and enclosures, a number of which were chosen for more detailed measured survey. Resistivity and magnetometry survey by M and A Roseveare of ArchaeoPhysica was also undertaken in an attempt to locate the remains of a Tudor property known from historic records.
Evaluation by A Margetts of ASE revealed two gulleys and a pit or ditch terminus of prehistoric date that may be part of an enclosure or field-system possibly related to prehistoric settlement known from the wider area. A probable post-medieval linear feature, a probable ditch of 16th to 18th century date, and made ground deposits in many of the trenches, may represent evidence of landscaping during the laying out the grounds surrounding the former school building. Further work suggested.
A programme of historic building recording, evaluation, and a watching brief during the reduction of floor levels within the farmhouse, at Lowerhouse Farm by L Capon of AOC. The farmhouse is dated by a render plaque to 1525, but shows many phases of repair and extension. The earliest parts of the farmhouse are fully timber-framed, and reveal the building to have started as a Hall House, the hall lying north of a two-storey, four room block.
Excavation (1977) by J.A. Janaway for the Godalming Group of SyAS located 17th and 18th century pits cutting an apparently medieval layer which in one place overlay traces of another deposit containing flint flakes. (141)
Excavation (1976) by J.A. Janaway for the Godalming Group of SyAS located 17th century features. (131; check SyAC 85)
Excavation (1978) by K.D. Graham for Farnham and District Museum Society located parts of probably 16th and 17th century buildings and a number of Mesolithic flakes, below the remains of a known early 19th century hop kiln. (148)
Excavation by D Barker for Egham by Runnymede Historical Society in advance of redevelopment located LBA features immediately below a gravel surface of c AD 1660. Large quantities of later 17th and early 19th century material were recovered from rubbish pits. (166)
A trial trench by R J Poulton for SCC and DOE and in conjunction with Guildford Museum, in advance of redevelopment, revealed only 17th century material, probably related to the building of the hospital, and more modern garden soil. (166)
Excavation by S Nelson for Nonsuch Antiquarian Society in advance of redevelopment studied the remains of a mid-late 17th century timber-framed building. (167)
Pottery and glass recovered from beneath 16th/17th century outbuildings (now cottages) by Mayford History Society and reported by Nancy Hawkins.