8th and 9th seasons of excavation by D G Bird for SCC and SyAS. In the 8th, work concentrated on the probably early post-medieval building previously identified. Three sides only could be located, marked by rubble and clay foundations. It overlay a ditch full of medieval pottery. A magnetic date for the earliest hearth associated with the medieval building previously identified was received from A Clark: approximately AD 1270-1310. A few sherds of Neolithic or LBA pottery were found, not in context, (206) In the 9th season attempts were made to elucidate the ditch system, and a number of small trenches were opened, adding further details. One to the north of the churchyard failed to locate any features of interest and produced very little medieval material. A barbed and tanged arrowhead was found in one medieval ditch fill.