Historic building recording by S Angell of CBAS of a substantial, 20th century double-winged hut prior to its demolition. The structure had probably been relocated from elsewhere and may have been modified at that time to fit the available space between the adjacent railway line and Woodfield Road. Its original construction probably dates to the First World War and based on similar structures, its size and form suggest that it was built for use as a YMCA hut or for administrative operations within a troop training camp. Its original purpose at Ashtead is not known but a community use is most likely as surplus buildings were made available after the war for that purpose, although many were sold off for commercial use. It is first noted on the 1938 OS map of Ashtead.