Historic building recording and evaluation by G Thompson and S Watson of PCA. The original Aldebrook House was designed in an 'Old English' fusion of Surrey and Wealden vernacular style by celebrated architect Richard Norman Shaw for the Liberal politician Pandeli Ralli in the early 1880s. Following alterations in the mid-1930s, the house was used as a convalescence hospital for servicemen during the Second World War, and subsequently demolished in the late 1950s and replaced by a smaller property of uninspired contemporary design. The building recording work catalogued elements of the surviving Norman Shaw property in the form of the larder wall and brick surface of the service yard, as well as revealing the survival of a number of features from the pre-1936/7 gardens. The evaluation revealed that the foundations of the Norman Shaw house survived in a relatively good state of preservation, and correlated very closely with their assumed location based on historic mapping. No evidence for archaeological finds or features pre-dating the late post-medieval was noted.