Site watching by M.J. Alexander for Guildford Museum revealed only late pits.
Guildford Museum Excavation Unit
Excavation and site recording by Deirdre Dendy and M.J. Alexander for Guildford Museum of a 14th century arch and early medieval pits and pottery.
18m deep well sealed beneath 18th century brick floor recorded by Julia Arthur for Guildford Museum. It was cut deep into the natural chalk, the top 4.5m being chalk lined.
Salvage excavation early in the year by Julia Arthur for Guildford Museum located walls shown on the 1739 plan. Later excavation recovered much medieval pottery, a substantial proportion being Saxo-Norman, some medieval building material, two hearths and a probable wall, six largely complete and articulated animal skeletons and a dumbbell-shaped limekiln (probably 12th century).
Reported by M J Alexander that redevelopment and refurbishment had revealed a 15th century crown post roof and evidence suggesting that the building had been designed from the first as a: shop. A 13th century pit (or pits) was partially excavated behind the building by Julia Arthur.
Excavation by Julia Arthur for Guildford Museum revealed only five postholes, one associated with 17th century pottery.
Excavation by Julia Arthur for Guildford Museum completed after severe flooding over the winter.
Observation of development by Julia Arthur for Guildford Museum recorded a Jacobean cellar.
Excavation in advance of redevelopment by Julia Arthu for Guildford Museum. No certainly medieval features were discovered, but pottery included several scattered Saxo-Norman sherds. A number of unexplained square, interlinked brick features, probably of 18th century date, were found,
Observation of redevelopment by Julia Arthur for Guildford Museum. A medieval pit was recorded but two chalk-lined wells and chalk cellars with medieval pottery could only be noted.