MARGARY AWARD 2024
The Research Committee has agreed that a new approach to the Margary Award will be trialled in 2024 with the following guidelines.
- The award is a recognition of a new contribution to the knowledge of the past of the historic county of Surrey.
- The research or its demonstration should have taken place within the previous year, and not previously made public.
- Any individual or group may enter provided there is no professional input.
- Submissions for the award could take a variety of forms such as illustrations, Powerpoint displays, videos, short reports and traditional displays.
- Nominations should be received by the committee by 31st December 2023, with completed entries submitted at least one month before the date of the Symposium.
- The judging panel will be the choice of the Research Committee, and may still be formed by the Chair of the Research Committee, the President of the Society and an invited third party.
- There will be one award of £300. There will be runner-up if the number of entries justifies it.
The committee would like to invite all members to consider nominations and submissions by December 31st. This is an opportunity for community activities, youth groups and individuals to be creative in how they approach publicising their work. Nominations can be made at any time by contacting the Secretary of the Research Committee via