Watching brief by K Grant of ASE during the construction of an access ramp at the front of the site. A number of intercutting burials were revealed, dating to the use of this part of the site for burial between the 15th and 17th centuries. The majority of the individuals were women and children. A wall footing was interpreted as part of the 1578 market building depicted on the 1739 Ichnography of Guildford, and evidence was recorded of a later wall footing, probably related to the octagonal structure that replaced the market building in the 1760s. Evidence for the post-1813 re-ordering of this part of the site was also noted in the form of more modern made-ground.