Historic building recording and watching brief by West Sussex Archaeology identified the main building on the site as a four-bay threshing barn with a later open-fronted shelter abutted to its north-west corner. On cartographic evidence and construction style, the barn is of late 18th century date and may have been constructed in 1796, as evidenced by the carved date on a greensand block in its southern plinth wall.
West Sussex Archaeology
An archaeological evaluation by G Anelay of WSA revealed two tree-throw hollows and a scattering of medieval to modern artefacts, but no features of archaeological interest.
Evaluation by G Anelay of WSA (West Sussex Archaeology) within the Scheduled hillfort did not reveal any finds or features of archaeological interest. The evaluation adds to the growing list of fieldwork within the hillfort to have found no evidence relating to its use or occupation.