Building appraisal by M Sanderson of The Heritage Advisory concluded that the early brickwork visible on the south elevation was probably reused material employed during a comprehensive rebuilding of about 1898, as recorded on a date stone of no 7.
Evaluation by G Seddon of PCA recorded no finds or features of archaeological interest.
Watching brief by C Turner of the Heritage Network suggested that the garden, at least close to the house, had been terraced. No finds or features of archaeological significance were revealed.
Watching brief and building recording by C Turner of HN revealed evidence of alterations to the building dating from the 1830s onwards. Excavations within the cellar revealed that the building had been terraced into the hill, removing any trace of earlier deposits.
Watching brief by C Turner of HN. No evidence of activity prior to the 19th century was observed and the site appeared to have been extensively disturbed, although an unexcavated area of garden to the west appeared to be undisturbed.
Evaluation by C Turner of HN revealed evidence of extensive modern terracing but no finds or features of archaeological interest.